Thursday, April 14, 2011

Idea Blog - Blogging

As we come to a close in the semester, we also come to a close with the blogs. All along I was often reluctant and stressed out about keeping up with all the blogs I had to do per week, and I was also unsure about the benefits of doing them. In the end I think it helped me to collect my thoughts on my series and to actively engage with many artists works that I may not otherwise have discovered. I also have been told that reading my blog has brought inspiration to other artists. Julie Thompson said “An online location such as a website becomes your storefront. Unlike your studio or your representing gallery, your website is available for perusal 24/7. And unlike those physical venues, there are almost no geographic restrictions. you really can bring your art to the world.[1]” Since the blog is a website, it is available to anyone in the world, and when I heard that my words brought inspiration to others, I was more driven to keep doing it. Ultimately I think blogging is about sharing and learning. Damien Lovegrove said “with more and more of the world's leading photographers owning and writing blogs, it is far easier to learn from their wisdom for free than ever before. [2]”


[1] Thompson, Julie. "The Feathered Nest: Blogging for Artists - introduction, and some benefits." The Feathered Nest. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Apr. 2011. .

[2] Lovegrove, Damien . "The benefits of blogging by Damien Lovegrove | Creative and business resources for photographers - ProPhotoNut."Creative and business resources for photographers - ProPhotoNut. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Apr. 2011. .

No comments:

Post a Comment